Monday, March 17, 2008

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!

Have a good St Patrick's Day everyone. Although I'm only half Irish - just like my fraternal twin Ben Affleck - it's the only side I claim. If you're going to drink up to celebrate then make sure it's Guinness Stout you're sipping on. After I record the XO PODCAST later today I'm heading straight to the bottle shop son!

Some interesting facts about St Pat's Day, because knowledge is power and I want to make all of you powerful muhhafuggas.
  • There are three main countries where non-Irish people celebrate St Patrick's Day - Ireland, North America and Australia

  • The colour blue was once considered the main colour of St Patrick's Day

  • There's a St Patrick's Day parade in Munich, apparently because there's a lot of Irish there, but probably just as another excuse to drink shitloads of beer

  • Some MLB and NBA teams will wear a special green jersey on St Patrick's Day (just like Starbury, right)
Shoutout to all my Irish homies - Bill Clinton, Ron Howard, Phil Donahue, Conan O'Brien, Regis Philbin, Chuck Daly, John Daly (DON'T CLICK ON JOHN IF YOU'RE AT WORK!), Cotton Fitzsimmons (RIP), Derek Jeter, Jason Kidd, Chris Mullin, Billy the Kid, Dan Harrington, Peter Griffin and Tom Brady, Will Hunting, Matt Murdoch and Bullseye, Marty McFly, Patches O'Houlihan, Ryan O'Reily, Mariah Carey, Bono, Lil Wyte, Ned Kelly, Dermott Brereton, Mel Gibson, JFK, and of course, Shaquille O'Neal.

Leprechauns love bong hits too

Hope. Faith. Love. Luck. Sums up my life!

No comments: