Wednesday, June 24, 2009

DON'T SHOOT ME DOWN

Oh dear. I'm actually old enough to remember the track that Lyrikill's Don't Shoot Me Down bites samples - Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. And I mean I'm old enough to remember it coming out, not just old enough to remember it from a retro DJ set! I'm even old enough to remember Captain Lou Albano acting a fool in the damn video clip. Now I give this track three thumbs up, but I can see a LOT of DJs hating the f--k out of it. Here's some of the feedback it's getting online (taken from the forum where Lyrikill himself leaked the track):

* "Wtf!!! R u f--king out of your mind for posting this s--t!!!!!!!!!!!!"
* "I'd cruise down the street and bump this. It has radio appeal for sure."
* "are you trying to get sued by Cyndi Lauper or what"
* "as soon as i heard the Cindy Lauper sample i was about ready to click the red [X] at the top right corner of my internet browser window, but something made me keep listening... this is actually really catchy. well done."

Listen to it below and decide for yourself!








No comments: