Thursday, October 9, 2008

FIND ME A NEW HOOPS TEAM - TOWNSVILLE CROCS

I knew John Rillie would be the first to respond to my "FIND ME A NEW HOOPS TEAM" post, which means the Townsville Crocodiles are the early favourites to be my new NBL squad (as a fan, not a player - although if the Crocs need a guy who'll only take up one point under the points cap, I'm your man). Here's what JR had to say to sway me to the Crocs...

"The Crocs should become your team. Why?

- The Crocs have alot of other fans that will share your passion. (SOLID POINT)

- I'm sure Homicide would love to give you a pair of "187's" if you join the Crocs. (COREY, I'M A SIZE 15/16 - MAKE IT HAPPEN!)

- You like to drink, so do North Queenslanders. You will have many friends at the bar. (HMM, XXXX ON TAP - ANOTHER SOLID POINT)

- We are 3-1. (GOOD START TO THE SEASON WITHOUT A LOADED, CAP-BUSTING ROSTER - VERY IMPORTANT)

- Last but not least a current Croc and former Croc have made it easy for you to fill column space. (YET ANOTHER SOLID POINT)


JR has covered all bases - a good team, good fans, located in my home state, and then sweetened the pot with the promise of free product! The rest of the NBL is now playing catchup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go with the Crocs! You'll be assured of a team to follow for the rest of your life... or the life of the NBL anyway ;)

You don't have to go to the extent of me and get a Crocs tattoo though. I'd suggest wait until we win our first ring... but that won't be too far away!