Monday, March 31, 2008

AKINYELE

Before I run off to record this week's XO PODCAST, wrap your ears around one of my all-time favourite artists, Akinyele. He's one of the pioneers of the hardcore sex/hip-hop genre, and I even took borrowed the name of his hit single Put It In Your Mouth for my ghetto classic street mixtape (with Tera Patrick in lesbian poses on the cover!). Listen to two of Akinyele's classic tracks below, the anthem Put It In Your Mouth and one of my personal favourites, Rather F--k You.

Funny Akinyele story: few years ago while I was on holidays in Brisbane staying at my mum's house, I bought Ak's Vagina Diner album. Mum then called me the next day (while going through my junk) to ask if I needed the receipt for what I bought the day before, and proceeded to list all my purchases. Hearing my mum say "vagina diner" isn't one of my more treasured memories. Not so funny Akinyele story: for some reason I can't get ANY of his tracks cleared for the XXX Hip Hop series. What gives homie?

PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH - AKINYELE FEAT. KIA JEFFERIES








RATHER F--K YOU - AKINYELE






No comments: